Master promissory note
Federal Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (Direct MPN)
ALL students who wish to borrow from the Direct Loan Program and do not already have a Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (Direct MPN) on file, MUST complete a Direct MPN.
Directions for completing the Direct MPN
- Under Manage My Direct Loan, choose Sign In. You will need your FSA ID (the user-selected username and password).
- When asked for the first two characters of your last name, only capitalize the first letter.
- Choose SIGN MASTER PROMISSORY NOTE when it asks what do you want to do?
- Choose Subsidized/Unsubsidized when asked to select the type of loan you would like to receive.
- When asked for School and Loan Information, choose Wisconsin for the school state and then for school name, find University of Wisconsin-La Crosse in the drop down menu.
- You will need the following information for 2 references: first and last name, middle initial, complete address, telephone number and their relationship to you. You should use your parents as one reference. The two references must live at different addresses. A complete address includes permanent street address, city, state AND zip code.
- At the end, you will be asked to type in your first name, middle initial and last name and click then click SIGN.
- You must review your Master Promissory Note before submitting.