College of Liberal Studies
Welcome to UWL!
COLLEGE OF LIBERAL STUDIES
SCHOOL OF ARTS AND COMMUNICATIONS
PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING
1. If you have not already done so, pay your $100 enrollment deposit. Your transfer credit evaluation will then be completed and you will be able to view your transfer credit evaluation in your WINGS Student Center. Your transfer credit report will typically be available within 2 weeks of receiving your enrollment deposit. You will receive an email notification when the evaluation of your credits is complete.
- Do it right away!
2. After the evaluation is complete, call the CLS Academic Services Office, 608.785.5454, to schedule a face-to-face or phone appointment. Your appointment will be scheduled with Kathy, or Pete depending on your major. During your appointment your advisor will:
- Review your transfer credit evaluation
- Review and explain your Advisement Report (see #3 below)
- Recommend courses for your first semester at UWL
- Review your Major plan and add/discuss a Minor or Pre-Professional track plan.
- Answer any other questions
|Sandra Keller Profile|
|Katherine Elgin Profile|
|Peter Stovall Profile|
3. Prior to your appointment, use the tutorials (links listed below) to get acquainted with WINGS and your Advisement Report.
- WINGS Help page (with many tutorials) here
- General WINGS overview found here
- Advisement Report (AR) Tutorial here
Registration Tips and Additional Resources
- Use your advisement report (AR) to identify courses you need to complete
- Create your tentative class schedule:
- Class timetable is available at /Records/registration/
- Use Schedule Planner to pick the best possible schedule
- Import the selected courses from the Schedule Planner into your shopping Cart
- Register at your assigned time for the best selection of classes. View your enrollment date in your WINGS Student Center
- Important dates and deadlines are available at /Records/Dates-and-deadlines/
- Get to know the UWL Academic policy information