Academic Advising Center
The UW-La Crosse Academic Advising Center is committed to providing all students with developmental academic advising grounded in teaching and based on valuing a liberal arts education. Through this process students will ideally develop the skills and self-knowledge to be adaptable, accountable & lifelong learners. This results in the ability to set personal goals and to make intelligent educational, career, and life choices to achieve those goals.
The AAC works primarily with assigned undeclared students. We also assist declared majors that have general advising questions or are contemplating a major change. We are committed to providing UWL students with individualized & group advising in the following areas:
- Undergraduate academic policies & procedures
- UWL degree requirements (General Education, Majors, Minor, College core)
- Major exploration
- Career exploration & assessment
- Course planning & Registration
- Class withdrawal
- Academic difficulties (e.g. probation, ineligible to return)
- Personal concerns
- Transfer of credit
Additional resources from our office are...
- Advisors within first-year Residence Halls (Coate, Laux, and White Halls)
- Referrals to Academic Departments & Campus Offices dedicated to Student Success
- Peer advisors